Friday, April 20, 2018

Do Not Annoy the Writer - They May Put You in a Book #MFRWAuthor #writing



Blogging is an opportunity for authors to connect with readers. Despite being writers, blogging is an entirely different style of writing and often stumps us. To help our authors blog consistently, thoughtfully and with purpose, Marketing for Romance Writers is announcing the 2018 Blog Challenge. Each week, authors use our writing prompt to create a meaningful blog post. We'll be posting every Friday... join us as often as possible.


Week 16"Family, Friends, and Pets I've written into my books"


Well, this is a fun topic! I've had the pleasure of writing a few characters that were heavily inspired by the people surrounding me. I am a people watcher. I've written down things that people say or do in my notebooks sure that one day I might use that tidbit in a story. Sometimes, I'll warn them about it. Other times...not so much.

When I was a kid, my brother's pet turtle inspired a children's book that I wrote about a turtle detective living in a forest near my grandmother's house. I wrote a series for that one that I used to read to my brother for laughs and giggles. I also write a story about four people who were on a space mission adventure. Those four characters were inspired by my brother and our neighbors whom we had many adventures with every summer when we were kids.

When I was a teenager, I wrote a short fantasy story about a woman named Reva, after my dog. She even had the same color hair as my dog's black and tan fur.

More recently, I wrote a gothic romance novel for my first NaNoWriMo a few years ago. The aunt of the heroine was inspired by my mother-in-law. Unfortunately, she passed away before I could tell her that I wrote about her.

I do have some other stories planned to write. I have an excellent story inspired by my ex that I'm eager to see written one day. And I'm pretty sure my sister-in-law will make it into one of my books.




 Be sure to visit the posts for the MFRW's Blog Challenge!

I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!

Happy Writing!
Tricia

2 comments:

  1. Good post. love your graphics. More than once I've written someone I knew (and who was on my nerves) into my book specifically as a character I knew I'd kill off. With a different name they'll never know, but I will.

    ReplyDelete