Thursday, February 1, 2018

Why I Read Romance #MFRWAuthor #booklovers



Blogging is an opportunity for authors to connect with readers. Despite being writers, blogging is an entirely different style of writing and often stumps us. To help our authors blog consistently, thoughtfully and with purpose, Marketing for Romance Writers is announcing the 2018 Blog Challenge. Each week, authors use our writing prompt to create a meaningful blog post. We'll be posting every Friday... join us as often as possible.


Week 5"A book that has influenced my life"


As soon as I learned my alphabet I've been a reader. The first books I remember reading were Dr. Seuss. Throughout my life I've read so many books both fiction and nonfiction that have influenced my life in one way or another. My mother was an avid romance reader, so when I was a teenager I decided to give reading romance a try. I bought my first romance novel at Hills Department store. It was a Harlequin Historical romance novel named The Romance of the Rose by Claire Delacroix. With one book, I fell instantly in love with the romance genre. Because of this book, I went on to read as many romance novels as I could and eventually when I decided to give writing a try, it was a romance story.

Armand d'Avigny would always associate Alexandria de Fontaine with the smell of roses. Indeed, the knight had carried the memory of the beautiful healer with him to the Crusades. Now, as he looked upon the same sweet face once more, he vowed that never again would she be taken from his side. Alex's heart soared when she recognized the green-eyed gaze of her would-be rescuer. Yet even as they sped to safety, she knew that she could not accept the promise of Armand's love. For to do so would expose him to the danger of her enemy. And as long as Pierre de Villiers remained alive, Alexandria de Fontaine would never be free. 



 Be sure to visit the posts for the MFRW's Blog Challenge!

I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!

Happy Reading!
Tricia

2 comments:

  1. My first taste of romance came in the form of Harlequin romances. I remember getting them from the library and reading them fast. They were quick easy reads that made you fall in love with the idea of falling in love.

    ReplyDelete