Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Guaranteed with a Romance Novel #IWSG #writing #romancegenre

The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day.
The Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!


IWSG Asks: What do you love about the genre you write in most often?  

Since the moment I read my first romance novel, I knew I would write romance. Despite all odds, despair, conflict, tragedy, even death, a romance novel guarantees a happily-ever-after for characters. They deal with many of life's issues, but no matter what happens the conflict is resolved with an emotionally satisfying ending. It could be happily-ever-after or even a happy-for-now that often occurs in short romance stories.

It's a guarantee that's not available to us in real life.

My teenage years were not easy. My mother died when I was 11 and my father was struck with grief and couldn't handle taking care of his two young children. My little brother and I were on our own at very young age and life was difficult. I worked four jobs to provide money and spent a lot of time wondering what life was like for other kids my age.

I used writing as therapy to ease my inner pain and grief. After reading several romances, I'd found the escape and optimism that I desperately needed. Life was difficult, but I could write about characters who dealt with the same issues that I did and who ended up with happily-ever-afters.

Creating characters that achieved HEA's helped me deal with my own issues. It brought peace and satisfaction. Comfort and the knowledge that good was in the world. It made me stronger as a person, more hopeful and optimistic, more compassionate and understanding.

Love has the power to heal.

And, the versatility of the romance genre gives me a wonderful playing field where I can challenge myself as a writer. I can write a romance in nearly any genre whether it is romantic suspense (mystery), a paranormal romance (science fiction/fantasy) or a gothic romance (horror). My creativity and imagination is not limited when it comes to a romance.

Becoming a romance writer also brought me into contact with an amazing community of people who are willing to go above and beyond to aid each other. Both romance readers and writers uplift each other, assist each other with their works-in-progress and band together to help each other achieve success with publication. They offer advice, opportunities, cooperation and guidance.

What other occupation is your competition willing to help you succeed with your career?



Be sure to visit the other writers in the 

I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Become a VIP Reader by signing-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!
Happy Writing!

Tricia

3 comments:

  1. When I read my first romance novel, at the age of fourteen, it had changed me. Ever since then, there's romance in all of my books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy that you found a genre that could help you deal with your struggles. I am a romance writer myself and find the genre to be ideal for the stories that I write. I wish you all best and I will check out your book at The Wild Rose Press. I am quite sure they have it on Amazon.
    Shalom aleichem,
    Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete